The Second Pan-Canadian Conference on Universal Design for Learning will provide an opportunity for practitioners, researchers and students from across the country to discuss the creation of a National non-profit association focusing on the promotion and development of UDL in Canada, to volunteer in its establishment and to take on roles as officers. A meeting for all interested parties will take place at 4pm on Thursday June 1st, at the end of the first day of conference sessions. It will be held in room 286 in the AVC Building, UPEI.
The proposed goals would be to:
- Formalize membership and create an up-to-date mailing list of Canadian advocates and implementers of UDL (Year 1)
- To create contact points for the association in each province (Year 1)
- To collect and showcase examples of (i) best practices and (ii) implementation models across sectors (Year 1)
- To become a hub of excellence on UDL in Canada (Year 2)
- To provide expertise and support to institutions (K-12 and post-secondary) considering UDL implementation (Year 2)
- To organize regular national and provincial forums and gatherings on UDL (Year 3)
- To build national momentum around UDL (Year 3)
- To collaborate with departments of education at both provincial and national level and offer consultancy to these departments (Year 3)
Join us on Thursday!